Friday 22 July 2016

Pennine Fields in Acrylic


Pennine Fields painted in Acrylics

The Lake district is looking Green. Not just Green but hundreds of shades of Green.
 I was talking to a chap from Australia, who was visiting the Lakes. He couldn't believe how Green it was compared to the dry landscapes of Australia. I stated that as an artist we are sometimes overwhelmed by the 'Green!! His startled expression, made me realise, I need to saviour and appreciate the Green.

So with this in mind, I have opened my eyes to the Landscape at the moment. 
And indeed feel truly inspired. Especially the Green fields leading the way to the distant mountains.
I have lots of ideas buzzing around, from tonal values and textured foregrounds with colourful hints of wildflowers adding complimentary jewels.



No comments: