Monday 19 August 2013

Lac Annecy Colour Sketch


Lac Annecy Colour sketch

I've had some lovely emails lately about the blog and also from OWC students. It's great getting feedback and  hearing that the blog is been enjoyed.

One of the questions asked was 'how long it took to paint Lac Annecy 

Firstly I did a quick colour sketch in my Heaton Cooper sketchbook which took about 15 to 20 mins

I sat back enjoyed the view and thought about the painting for about 30 mins.

I sketched mainly the boat, leaving the background to evolve by itself
Using Winsor Violet, Naples Yellow, Lemon Yellow and Cobalt Turquoise tubes of paint
Brushes a number 8 round and rigger and a Isabey small mop
I then painted for about 45 mins to one hour at the most
Laid it down on the floor, ignored it for 10 minutes
Then decided a few more brushstrokes of 5 mins

So to cut a long story short about One hour 20 mins
but don't forget to add on 20 years of practising

Sketchbooks are great for loosing up and make great reminders of life.

For more details on my online watercolour course which is ideal for beginners and dabblers just get in touch by email


No comments: