Sunday 30 September 2012

Heaton Cooper Family exhibition

 There's nothing like been inspired. I went to see the 'Heaton Cooper' exhibition at Rheged. This fantastic exhibition shows the works of four generations of artists, with over 100 original paintings and wonderful sketchbooks all showing simply stunning sketches. At £2.50 entrance it is worth every penny. I  have always loved Alfred Heaton Coopers paintings and there was some beautiful originals that I had not seen before. A truly stunning paintings of a waterfall in Norway was fantastic. With lovely watercolour paintings from Chamonix,  high mountain views of Scafell  and true classics of Lakeland vistas by William Heaton Cooper. An interesting documentary was showing in a small auditorium about the works of Julian and following him on high locations with canvases, really made you appreciate his large and and dramatic Oil paintings. 
So I came back home full of inspiration and put a few finishes touches to an  Alpine Scene that I'm working on for a new Online project.

 If you would like more information about my online watercolour course 
check out

1 comment:

Sharon Whitley said...

Thank you for this Jane - will definitely go and see that when I'm next up in the Lakes - love your work too!