Wednesday 2 May 2012

No more Grey skies


Two images today one of Grange in Borrowdale tearoom in late afternoon light, 
caught on a cycle round the lake.The light is just wonderful on the blossom. 

The second image, well I've got the Oils out at the moment and I think last weekends grey days got to me! I needed a little colour!  Wow did I paint some. I think I like it!!It so different painting in Oils to watercolours. 
With Oils I can't put the brush down! 
I like the way shapes evolve without necessarily painting them, and painting more negative than positive.
So the journey with Oils as just begun, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!

Derwentwater 

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

My husband LOVED this one.I do too and you did a great job of having the sky illuminated just right.

Lakeland art said...

Hi Julie, many thanks for your kind comments, it's great getting back into the Oils. I'm chuffed your husband Loved it too!!