Saturday 24 December 2011

My top five Winter paintings

Well here is my top five winter paintings, I enjoyed going back and finding some of my old favourites and there certainly will be no new snow in Keswick tomorrow for Christmas day, the met office is
forecasting 13 degrees!


 Number five Skiddaw in Winter painted in pastels



 Number four Sharp Edge painted in pastels on the wonderful 'Wallis paper'
I had ten sheets shipped across from America

 Number three Stickle Tarn painted in Pastels.
I was supposed to be sketching at Grasmere but the magnificent Langdales caught my attention instead, so after a slippery walk up to Stickle Tarn which was all worth it  for the stunning cold view. 
Number two Winter flock painted in Oils, I so enjoyed painting this little picture

Number One Striding Edge of course, this was the painting that gave me the confidence to go for a dream.
'Alf Roberts' off 'Coronation Street' bought my first Striding Edge at The British Painters Exhibition.

Happy Christmas to everyone
and Many thanks for following my blog it really does help me keep creative.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Nige, too, Jane! Your blog is so inspiring....especially your views of Iseo, which evoke wonderful memories of your watercolour holidays there!
Regards
Jude Gardner

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jane from a hot & humid Queensland. Love reading your blog & revisiting beautiful Cumbria. Keep it coming.
Sue :)

Michelle Webb said...

These are wonderful paintings Jane, really inspiring. Love your blog. Michelle x