Friday 28 October 2011

Favourite tea room walk in the Lake District.


Walking to Watendlath from Rosthwaite for a cup of tea is a delightful experience. After dropping some leaflets at Scafell Hotel for the painting holiday next year, Bex's and I climbed up the sunny path on Rosthwaite fell.This is my favourite walk to a tea room and sharing it with someone who has never been before is a joy. Dare I say the leaves are just a wonderful colour, the Lakes at this time of the year are amazing. I suggested looking through the pine trees below reminded my of the colours in the south of France!

So up the fell we went and then down into the small picturesque hamlet for a pot of Earl Grey and flapjack, had a look in on some herdwicks.

More bronzed leaves waiting to be painted!

Then back up the fell and down once again into Rosthwaite all for a cup of tea!

Catbells painted in Oils Size 10x 8 inches
I've just mounted this ready for my exhibition next week at
Moot Hall Keswick starting Sun 6th November.

No comments: