Tuesday 7 December 2010

The most beautiful day in Keswick

Today was the most beautiful day down at the Lake, it's been amazing going down every day for the past 10 days. But new snow, blue skies and a nearly frozen lake was totally magical. No school today, so lots of sledging on crow park. Here is the route that's been broken between the ice for the Island.

Can it get any better?


These are paw steps, I think on Derwentwater 
Famous Friars Crag

I've my monthly Keswick art group tomorrow and think we shall be painting snow, and this watercolour painting of Skiddaw could be the one. It could be the first class I've gone to in Ice Crampons!

1 comment:

Ida M. Glazier said...

I was reading your blog today and enjoying the wonderful photot's. That part of the world sure is something!!! And I loved your arclylic paintings----they looked as tho they moved like watercolor!! Beautiful work.