Tuesday 6 April 2010

Buttermere Watercolour

It's been a bit grey in the Lakes over Easter and rather chilly. The is  snow left in a few places on the tops and Daffodils starting to show some shades of Yellow. I've had a few days off painting, but itching to get back to it today. But I do realise how much the weather as an influence on me. I'm painting grey, rainy skies. Started on this small watercolour of Buttermere, see above this was before it took a dunking in the sink. I then thought lets just throw some painting on, and see what happens!!

So this is what happened, I'm going to have another go this week maybe try Acrylics!!

Easter Monday down by the lake wrapped in two jackets, hat and gloves with stormy skies and gale force winds, good Bank holiday weather.
I'm back on Radio Cumbria in about 5 minutes not sure how it's going to sound, I was really nervous!!

No comments: