Monday 22 February 2010

Tricks of the trade.

Just finished a watercolour  weekend, I had a lovely group of people, some students I already knew and some new faces. They were all so enthusiastic which makes makes me bounce!!! We all painted some lovely landscapes, a bit of tonal work, a touch of tree therapy and a fantastic Bluebell wood which was great fun.
It made me book up straight away another date for April 17th to 19th, I'm hoping the weather will be kind and we may get out to do a little outside painting in the glorious Lakes.
So today starts a new week and what have I planned, well lots of blogging I've had to be a little quiet on this front, some outside painting fingers crossed, an article to finish writing for 'Leisure painter'and lots of Online watercolour work.
I cleared my head 1st thing and went for a lovely walk through the wood and along by the stream, towards Walla Crag, looking back onto a partly iced Derwentwater and taking a detour to see the marvellous Clough Head. Here are some photo's so you can join in on the wonderful weather Keswick has had today.
This was what caught my eye 1st

Next came this, amazing how all the snow had melted apart from the laid back branch which held it selfishly.

This had me thinking, how come a dried up leaf can look so curvy.


Now the going got chilly, wishing scarfs and mitts had been brought along.

A detour well worth taking.

This reminds me of how much I love snowy mountain tops and crags.

Now this little blog is for Dad, who's fallen and hurt himself, wishing you were ambling along beside me

1 comment:

Trevor Lingard said...

You are indeed very lucky to live in the lakes. Congrates on your forthcoming article.
Regards