Saturday 30 January 2010

A nice Place

Sunshine and snowy tops perfect 'Wainwright' walking and Place Fell was a perfect mountain top, Leaving Patterdale and climbing steeply up the fell, with the sun shinning and barely any wind it didn't feel the 1 degrees that was on the thermometer. I got new walking mountaineer boots for Christmas and was warned when purchasing them that I could expect blisters for a year!! Not what a woman wants to hear. So today they got their 1st outing, they are much heavier and more sturdier than anything I've had before. I felt like Bambi with great big heavy hoofs, but they kept the feet dry and I didn't slip and best of all no sore feet.
This is a blown up photo from the picture above, it's of one of my favourite Lakeland peaks 'Striding Edge' This was the view where we stopped and had a coffee, what a view!
Me and the boots!
Couldn't resist the mention of Bambi, especially when we saw these on the unbelievably steep ascent, Nigel my walking partner takes great pleasure in taking us off route, usually it involves scrambling down, clutching onto heather for my dear life! But today seeing these beauties made it more than worthwhile.
All alone

3 comments:

Claudia Lawrence said...

ur blog is really nice and interesting, You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like & enjoy it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices there are expert advertising team who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks.All u have to do is submit ur blog plus pay affordable prices & rest leave it to advertising team for promotion & marketing. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared with my friends hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

Sayli said...

Hi just came across to your blog and its really awesome! i loved the water colour paintings.
i am trying to learn water colour paintings... i just love them!
All the best for your art! will keep following ur blog now on.

Mark Granlund said...

Wow! Breathtaking place. I enjoy your blog. I will check back and see what your new studio looks like. Your old one looks so sunny compared to mine. Can you ship it to me?