Wednesday 16 December 2009

Christmas shopping in Keswick


Keswick Christmas lights, with Moot Hall in the background with countdown to 2010 clock. Notice the dark Payne's grey sky, threatening snow clouds I think! Christmas shopping is fairly pain free up here in Keswick, notice the crowds pushing, shoving and grasping for that last size 9 pair of mens slippers, it's what would be happening all over the UK in M&S stores! Can you tell I hate crowds, I don't have the choice of the big city, but you get friendly advice from local shopkeepers, even asking if you would like it gift wrapped and there's plenty of choice in the outdoor department stores. Keswick also has lots of great Galleries with individual ideas for pressies, the best one in town is Viridian which stocks masterpieces for everyone's taste and purse size.

2 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Gosh, it looks like a winter wonderland Jane! Just beautiful. I don't remember it being like that when I lived there!

Lakeland art said...

That's only part of them, will do the other side, I think this is the third year.