Wednesday 25 November 2009

Day two Radio Cumbria

With the wind howling and driving rain I set off to Penrith art club, it's about 17 miles along the A66 I wondered if anyone would be venturing out, but there were quite a few keen artists, we are obviously made of strong stuff. It's the 1st time I've demonstrated with a video, projector and even a sound system. I do a great impression of an Ostrich, I put my head in the sand and try not to think too much about it until, the hour finally dawns. Now that doesn't mean I don't put any thought into it or work, it's just I don't think about all those faces looking towards me, I'm quite a shy person, believe it or not. Anyway once fitted with the gear and standing up in front of everyone, fear only hit for a minute or two. The demo seemed to go well and Penrith art club were a real friendly and enthusiastic bunch.Fisher 400 paper is a joy to work with and it's great demonstrating something new to artists. I'll let you in to a little secret in my mind I did think about doing a little dance and song routine with the gear on, but catching a ladies eye, I could see she may be impressed with my art ability but definitly not with my singing skills.


Here's day two of 'Little Cumbria' I'm on at 49 minutes into the programme


http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00559yx/Ian_Timms_24_11_2009/

No comments: