Thursday 15 October 2009

Matilda in Italian



Here is my perfect breakfast, I'm getting to be a bit of a coffee snob, or maybe it's just that I've found a great place that does a cappuccino the way I like it, not too hot, nice and strong the milk stays frothy to the end and served in a feel good mug! Oh and a tasty pastry to go with it! I've been trying to learn the wonderful Italian language for a few years and at the moment I'm reading Matilda in Italian but with the English version close at hand. I'm hoping by the time I finish the book I will be Ronald Dahl Italian proficient!!




I had an easy morning, I've a Watercolour workshop this weekend which I've been preparing for this week. I'm going to demonstrate the painting below, as you can see it's got that Autumn feeling! Everywhere you look at the moment here in the Lakes is a joy of colour.


Stage 1 tree

Autumn Leaves watercolour by Jane Ward

1 comment:

Stresa Sights said...

It sounds a perfect breakfast Jane... Roald Dahl's books are just brilliant and I imagine much fun in Italian.

Dana