Friday 12 June 2009

Watercolour gear

One legged geese, couldn't resist them, hope to do a little watercolour of them, not sure if they should have two legs though. Getting ready for our trip to Italy, the painting bag is packed, so unless I sneak the paints out there won't be any painting done to maybe Wednesday, gosh will I last that long. Getting ready for a trip abroad does take a lot of planning and washing! I think I've got everything, nearly every colour Winsor Newton does in watercolour, Fabriano paper, Arches paper, Arches pad and a new sketch pad, I've also got a new small compact palette thanks to Mum and a birthday pressie. I've hummed and ahhed all week about a new brush, and finally on Wednesday got in touch with Rosemary and Co who hand make their brushes I new size 8 rigger in Kolinsky Sable arrived on the doorstep on Thursday, ooh it's heaven when you get a new brush it's got a beautiful tip and handles so easily.The hammer you may wonder why it's traveling to Italy, I need it to bang the rods in on my paper stretcher, I like to take a couple of art books this year Trevor Chamberlain and my most recent book by Nita Engle will be opening their covers in the Italian sunshine. Otherwise all my art gear is in the bag I hope!!!


No comments: