Wednesday 3 June 2009

Rossett Pike Langdales

It was my birthday on Tuesday and I always try not to work and be somewhere pleasurable. We decided on a walk up Rossett Pike in the Langdales. It was a beautiful day and quite hot on the way up. We found a lovely little tarn at the top with a fantastic view of Bowfell in the distance. With sandwiches from my favourite deli 'Good taste in Keswick' and the warm sun shinning I could'nt ask for anymore. I could'nt help doing a quick sketch while we had lunch. I've walked up some lovely mountains on my birthday Ben More on Isle of Mull, Buachaille etive mor in the Scottish Highlands, and quite a few in the Lake District.


New Birthday shoes!

The long walk in the track goes under Langdale Pikes

A touch rocky section near the top

A quick sketch from the delightful Tarn

1 comment:

our shabby cottage said...

Happy Birthday for last week Jane! Looks like you had a wonderful day - glorious weather, a great walk and a yummy lunch!