Saturday 2 May 2009

Mouses on tables

Bambaugh Castle included in Total Beginners Course

I've been working on a new web site http://www.watercolourcourse.co.uk/ this is just for my online watercolour course, what started as little idea in the middle of the night as turned into a bigger idea! I have been very pleased at the outcome of this course and seeing a real improvement in students work and hearing pleasing comments makes it all worth while. I've noticed with fellow art bloggers that you do need to have a decent understanding of the Internet, I started 10 years ago not knowing how to turn a PC on and worrying about running out of space for the mouse( how do I get to the top of the page? ahhh you can lift the mouse of the table and put it back down!!!) So I did a couple of learn direct courses and bought the bible on 'Dreamweaver' and bothered friends who know what they were doing with a computer! But today I host and have built my own websites and I really enjoy running my blog alongside. BUT the big question is when do you find time to paint, today I''ve only looked longingly at the easel and paints.

2 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Mmm, yes Jane, I find I spend way too much time on my computer and not enough at the machine....My husband taught himself how to build a website (with Dreamweaver also) which is very good for me because now I can maintain my own without (too) much help. i think your onlline art cousre is a great idea - great for those on the other side of the world!

Lakeland art said...

Thanks Kathryn, the online course is proving quite exciting.
Especially on a wet and dreary day like we have here in the Lakes today!