Friday 5 December 2008

A Classic


I love painting Striding Edge it really is a true classic with lots of excitement and drama especially in the winter, it's in Lot's of ways helped me succeed in the world of art, one of the first exhibitions I entered was British painters at Ilkley where I was voted one of the top artists and an actor off Cor nation street bought my Striding Edge ( Alf Roberts the shop keeper) this gave me such a buzz and greater confidence to approach galleries. Now in December this year I have my first demonstration and article in 'Leisure Painter' and I was asked to paint my old favourite Striding Edge. If this cold front keeps up , I'll be taking just the sketch book, watercolours tend to freeze on the paper! back up Helvellyn to see a classic Lakeland vista.

No comments: