Thursday 23 October 2008

Aladins Cave



Finished my 2008 Lakeland art courses today we had a lovely time and really got to grips with the medium of watercolour, and it finished on terrible weather, the Thirlmere road to Keswick was flooded quite badly, the waterfalls were unbelievable gushing down the fells and onto the road. The weather has been quite remarkable this year, February was beautiful and also May sitting beside the river painting in pastels and watching for a Kingfisher or even our Derwentwater otter is always magical.The week in Italy in May was beautiful we didn't swim in the Lake this year but I'm hoping that our visit in June next year will be long sunny days spent painting and evenings watching the sunset over a fantastic meal with a chilled glass of wine. My four summer courses in the Lake District were a little damp to say the least we managed to capture misty Lakes, glass like reflections and a real feel for the English Lake District.

I am already looking forward to next years courses and I am delighted that TheHeaton Cooper Studiohave offered 10% off for all Lakeland art courses students, it is one of my favourite galleries and art shops and I always get a buzz when walking in and looking at all there colourful paints, pastels, the list is endless. I have kept my prices for the Lake District courses the same for 2009 the same as this year, courses are starting to book up and I'm about to send my brochures out.

No comments: